The harrier season (winter cross country and road racing) is jam-packed with races, with one every second weekend, on average.
They are made up of club races (organised by the club for the club), inter-club races (Wellington-based races for the Wellington clubs), and for those who are serious (and good enough!), the national championship races organised by Athletics New Zealand.
The Wellington Masters Athletics also organises a number of races for masters athletes (over 35 on race day).
Recreational and Competitive members are eligible to compete in the following Club and Inter-club events:
1. Mad Dash Relay 2. Club cross country champs 3. Novice & Presidents cross country races 4. Steve Plowman cross country for Under 12's 5. Sanders and Gough cross-country races 6. Rhys Mair Memorial Trail champs (minimum age 14) 7. King and Queen of the Mountain race walk 8. Sanders and Gough cross country races 9. Eric Putter Memorial road relay 10. Club road champs 11. Mangaroa road race (minimum age 16)
For more details about the club races click here.
1. Shaw Baton Cross Country Relay 2. Victoria University Cross Country Relay 3. Needle Road Relay
For more details about the inter-club relays click here.
1. Whitakers Chocolate walk at University Relay 2. Turkey Trot at Needle Relay 3. Trentham United Road Walk
For more details about the inter-club walk events click here.
Recreational and Competitive members over 35 years of age on the day of the race can enter the following events organised by Wellington Masters (all events are pay on the day):
1. Masters Classic cross country relay 2. Masters 8km Road Race 3. Masters 10km Road Race
For more details about these races, check out the Wellington Masters Athletics website Events page.
Competitive members are also eligible to compete in the following:
1. Vosseler Shield 2. Dorne Cup 3. Wellington Cross Country Championships 4. Wellington Road Championships 5. Wellington Road Race Walking Championships
For more details about the interclub championship races click here.
The following National championship events are open to Competive members.
If selected to represent Wellington in the event, the Centre will pay the entry fee, other members may also compete by paying the small entry fee.
1. North Island Cross Country Championships 2. Athletics New Zealand Cross Country Championships 3. Athletics New Zealand Road Running Championships 4. Athletics New Zealand Road Walk Championships 5. National Road Relay Championships (entry will be paid by the club if a team is entered)